NEWS AND EVENTS TIMELINE
- Be sure to like our campaign on Facebook.com/JoeForCO and Follow & Re=Tweet on Twitter: @JoeForHD14
- We're in the final stretch! Ballots are out, and voters have until 7pm on 6/28 to return them.
- I'd really appreciate your help! Campaign contributions at this point get spent on getting the word out to your neighbors -- the more you donate, the more voters we can reach with direct mail, calls, fliers for door-to-door, etc!
- Have you seen both of our 4' x 8' billboards off of I-25 between Woodman and Garden of the Gods?
- We placed nearly 200 yard signs throughout House District 14 and met lots of constituents in the process!
- Senator Kent Lambert added his name to the list of endorsers (see www.JoeForHD14.com/ Endorsements)
- Colorado For Life confirmed that Joe Woyte is rated "100% Pro-Life"! (See Logo here.)
- We began placing yard signs throughout House District 14 (in case, you're wondering, YES we have an approved permit from the city to place yard signs along roadways, and NO, not all campaigns follow the law in this regard or even bother to request permits.)
- More endorsements, including Bentley Rayburn (see "Endorsements" page for details.)
- Campaign finance reporting revealed that:
1) the vast majority of my primary opponent's campaign contributions came from OUTSIDE of Colorado Springs (including a bunch of Denver Lobbyists!).
2) In contrast, most of my campaign contributions have been within Colorado Springs.
- RMGO announced its endorsement of Joe Woyte for State Representative
- The endorsements page, https://JoeForHD14.com/Endorsements went "live"
- The Colorado Secretary of State's office confirmed that I can collect twice the usual limit per individual, because my campaign accepted Voluntary Spending Limits in an effort to reduce the impact of special interests on this election
- I addressed several local conservative groups around town, including Colorado Springs Republican Women (CSRW) and "Moms for Liberty"
- Secretary of State's office confirmed, I'm officially certified to appear on the primary ballot
- All registered Republicans and Unaffiliated voters in HD14 can vote for me!
- Addressed neighbors at a home in the North Gate neighborhood with other local candidates
- Testified at Colorado Springs Planning Commission on a rezoning matter
- Addressed Republican Strategy Forum and an HOA meeting on the West Side
- Welcomed for a prayer breakfast hosted by The Road Church at Briargate
- Addressed Briargate / Summerfield Community Meeting
- School Accountability Committee (Rampart High School):
- Chaired my last SAC meeting after serving as a parent volunteer for the Academy School District 20 since 2014.
- I've been honored to be a part of the District Accountability Committee (DAC) as a parent volunteer for several years, representing the parents of three different schools, and chairing the School Accountability Committees at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
- Colorado Republican State Assembly & Convention: my 8th time (in 16 years) representing Colorado Springs in the caucus-assembly process! I know that we will all come together in the coming months to elevate our best candidates in each race to go on to the general election. My fellow Colorado delegates spoke on behalf of their communities this weekend, loud and clear! - - Your concerns about election integrity, health freedom, and education have NOT fallen on deaf ears! I am here to listen, and I pledge to fight the radical left at the Colorado Capitol next year.
- Colorado Republicans' Centennial Dinner:
- It was great to be among so many freedom-loving patriots from across the State gather for common causes.
- We heard from KellyAnne Conway, Congressman Biggs, and Congresswoman Boebert.
- Liberty First Meeting: Introduced by Dave "The Kiltman" Kelley, I addressed long time members & guests on the traditional "soap box!"
- At the Colorado 5th Congressional District Republican Assembly (Peyton), I addressed 5th CD delegates, alternates, and guest, and introduced myself to many one-on-one!
- El Paso County Republican Assembly and Colorado House District 14 Republican Assembly (Peyton): I accepted a nomination from Maj Gen Bentley Rayburn, USAF (Ret) and a "second" from fellow delegates Charlie & Christine Collins to be our next State Representative.
- I received more than the required 30% of votes needed to qualify for the primary election in June (not bad for a write-in candidate)! Thanks to all who attended the El Paso County Republican Assembly as delegates, alternates, and guests!
- State Representative Shane Sandridge announced that "Politics should never be a career and I'm excited to hand the baton to another freedom fighter in House District 14." With redistricting, parts of State Representative Terri Carver's district are now part of HD14, but she is term-limited. Thank you for your service, Shane and Terri!